Making a Contribution
Thank you for supporting our mission and ensuring the future of the largest and oldest insect collection in Virginia.
Contributions to the Virginia Tech Insect Collection will be used for education and outreach, insect pins, label paper, support for undergraduate student workers, field expeditions, and curation of the collection. New species naming opportunities are also available.
Sponsors and individual donors may send their tax-deductible gift as follows:
- Online: To give online, please go directly to the online form at the following link: https://webapps.es.vt.edu/givingto/academic/gift. On the online form, please make sure, under “Gift Amount and Designation,” to indicate your donation on the line listed as “Enter your own,” then type in the amount and fund name: “Virginia Tech Insect Collection 883387.”
- By Check: Checks should be written to the “Virginia Tech Foundation” with a memo to the “Virginia Tech Insect Collection 883387.” Please mail them to the Entomology Department at the following address:
Virginia Tech (MC0319)
170 Drillfield Dr.
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
- Continuing support: Donations can be spread in smaller payments over several years (up to five).
- For more details regarding how to make a contribution, please contact: Vernon B. Meacham, Director of Development, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, University Development (0402), 216-D Hutcheson Hall, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061 – (540) 231-3071 – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about the Virginia Tech Insect Collection, please contact: Dr. Paul Marek, Assistant Professor, Department of Entomology (0319), Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061. (540) 231-5653 email: email@example.com